Brake Disks/Calipers

As part of my rebuild, i'm upgrading the 90's brakes to "110" spec, ie vented front disks. I've looked into it and all i need is the appropriate disks and a pair of 110 calipers and thats it sorted.

However its come to my attention that 110's also have slightly larger rear disks, and correspondingly has different rear calipers. Since i need to buy new rear calipers anyway, it would make sense to also upgrade the rears to 110 spec and keep it all matching. I'm trying to figure out if these 110 calipers will bolt streight up to my 90 Axle? I know some 110's had salisbury units, but from what i can tell 300TDi onwards went back to rover axles? As such the axle casing should be the same and the parts should simply swap over like the fronts?

Has anyone done this? Or can anyone confirm which 110's had standard rover rear axles?

Cheers

Ok that actually helps a little!

Microcat shows the Rover Axle for the 110 comes in on chassis number "2A638164>" which afaik is 2002.

However the calipers have a different breakpoint, theres one caliper that runs up to 1A, then another that runs from 1A onwards.

I think that would suggest that the later caliper is fitted to both the last of the salisburys and all the rover axles that followed and if thats the case then the axles must have the same mounting points...

Maybe i should just buy one caliper and see if it fits :D

Front calipers and vented brake discs are the same for 90 & 110 from late 200Tdi (LA something or other) onward. Corresponding rear calipers and discs are different between 90 & 110. Don't know what the difference is, other than part numbers (might be the way that the caliper fits to the bracket on the 110 axle requires fitment of a different caliper and disc).

Would it not make sense to stick with the standard parts as the bulk of the braking effort is at the front?