few problems

right a couple of problems iv got.

firstly when i accelerate to about 25mph the truck start juddering quite bad from the front and doesnt stop until i drop below 25mph or take my fot off the gas. even if i manage to get to 40mph as soon as i take my foot off the accelerator the vibrating stops.

secondly my battery light was coming on so i bought a new alternator to try it worked for about 5 minutes then light came back on.

now its working intermittent the light is on all the time but has 2 brightnesses one when the alt is charging and im getting nearly 17v and one when its not then im getting a reading of 13v and you can see the lights go dim when this happens there is a clicking coming from somewhere too. i have a split charge system could this be a relay of some sort?

thanks for any help in advance gaz489

Hello

Can't help with the electrics (although I would suspect your split charge system) but the wobble is likely to be one or more of bearings/swivel pins/radius arm bushes/panhard rod bushes/wheel weight, or as a long shot does it have a front diff lock fitted?

The thing to do is to jack up the front safely and check all of the above

Mike

you can check the alt by disconecting the wire from the dash lamp then take a feed from the battery with 5W BULB in line connected to the warning light terminal on the alt and a lead from D+ straight to the battery then start the engine , the light should go out ,with a meter check the volts to the battery it should be around 14.5v on start up falling to around 13.8v,if this is ok leave the wire to d+ on and reconnect the warning light wire and recheck if ok its on your split charge . hope this helps you trace the point of the fault.