RRC Seats

Juz

It would help if we new which model and year?

But on my 1980 and my 1993 Range Rover I can adjust the angle of the backrest by turning the large knob/wheel located on the side of the seat squab at the rear.

Front and back movement to bring the seat closer/further to/from the steering column there is a rod under the front of the seat which you pull which allows you to move the seat forward or backward.

Hope this is some help.

It would help if we new which model and year?

But on my 1980 and my 1993 Range Rover I can adjust the angle of the backrest by turning the large knob/wheel located on the side of the seat squab at the rear.

Front and back movement to bring the seat closer/further to/from the steering column there is a rod under the front of the seat which you pull which allows you to move the seat forward or backward.

Hope this is some help.

D'oh! Sorry. it's an '84.

The base is fine, I want the back slightly more 'upright' bringing the headrest closer to the steering wheel.

Is your adjustment knob on the inside or outside of the seat?

Juz

Yours is probably too late for this, but the early seats from 2 door and early 4 door models that had seat belts built in to the seat don't have an adjustment knob, but can be adjusted by winding in or out the two bolts at the rear of the seat, between base and back rest.

Yours is probably too late for this, but the early seats from 2 door and early 4 door models that had seat belts built in to the seat don't have an adjustment knob, but can be adjusted by winding in or out the two bolts at the rear of the seat, between base and back rest.

That spunds like what I've got!

So, it can be done, I just need to work out which bolts to do, many thanks!

Juz

yep, bolt number 1 (there is a second bolt fuerther along as well)

you will see that it it pushes against the back of the seat - if you tighten it the backrest moves forward, if you loosen it it moves back.

You don't get much movement, but I was able to adjust the angle of my passenger seat after my girlfriend complained it was too upright - probably a maximum of a couple of inches either way.

yep, bolt number 1 (there is a second bolt fuerther along as well)

you will see that it it pushes against the back of the seat - if you tighten it the backrest moves forward, if you loosen it it moves back.

You don't get much movement, but I was able to adjust the angle of my passenger seat after my girlfriend complained it was too upright - probably a maximum of a couple of inches either way.

Cheers Eight, did you need to slacken off any others to do it?

Juz