Snowdonia / North Wales Green Laning

Adam001

Hey,

Recently moved house to Snowdonia and I am very eager to get out and find the localish greenlanes.

Could you suggest some lanes, or where I can find some good information? Want to make sure I am not infringing on any TROs aswell :)

Looking for any kind of routes or difficulty, hoping to plan a couple of days in a small convoy.

Cheers

Adam

I am very eager to get out and find the localish greenlanes.

Could you suggest some lanes, or where I can find some good information

Your local County Council Rights of Way and highways dept will be able to help you identify legally drivable routes and where the TROs are.

Alternatively you could join a local club and go on some of their green lane days.

There are also private companies who will take you out for a fee.

Groups like GLASS or CRAG who get involved in green lane maintenance and also do green lane driving days (no charge).

Many people are fairly reluctant to give out details of ROWs publicly or to someone they do not know - astonishing as it seems there are some people who choose not to treat the countryside and ROW with respect which gives us all a bad name.

HTH

Chris

Ah I see, such a shame about the lack of trust about :(

Would you leave your door unlocked when out? Most people will not burgularise you but it only takes one bad apple and that is it, house burgled. Same with telling the world where to go green laneing, the world is jammed full of idiots who will abuse the privilege and it is not possible to identify them online.

Chris

I throught I replied last night!! But it was late.

Anyway, CRAG or GLASS do not charge for laneing.

You did. I apologized for not being clearer and a Mod has since amended my post and removed your and my (now superfluous) ones.

Chris

Ah ok, that was confusing :P

I will join up now to meet the locals :) Have been keeping a low profile as it seems many people are not fans of modified Land Rovers, Not one defender wave yet :( Most likely expect me to just come into the country and destroy it.

I now live in Carmel, close to Penygroes at the base of the mountains :) But I regulary commute across the country to University in Loughborough

Adam

You did. I apologized for not being clearer and a Mod has since amended my post and removed your and my (now superfluous) ones.

Chris

Well that makes a bit of sense now! Just throught I was going mad (some would say I am past that stage ;) )

Ah ok, that was confusing :P

I will join up now to meet the locals :) Have been keeping a low profile as it seems many people are not fans of modified Land Rovers, Not one defender wave yet :( Most likely expect me to just come into the country and destroy it.

I now live in Carmel, close to Penygroes at the base of the mountains :) But I regulary commute across the country to University in Loughborough

Adam

Lots of lanes in that area. Not many that can not be driven. There is another thread about north wales, I will post up when I have a free days and lead a group about in that area.

Paul