Disco 1 - Suspension

MITCHF

I have a 96 300TDI and I'm planning to upgrade/renew my suspension.

I do light off road and some easy green laning, nothing extreme so I don't want lift.

I was going to go with -

HD Springs and Gas shocks

or

HD springs and Std Oil shocks

The original kit has done 90k, the backs seem alright but the front's starting to sag a little due to some extra hardware I've added.

What's the general opinion.

Cheers :)

Its got to be gas shocks!

the build quality and damping performance is far superior to oil shocks.

I changed mine a couple of weeks ago and made a huge difference to my '97 300 tdi.

I opted for a 50mm lift, to accomodate bigger mud tyres. I live on a farm, so need as much clearance as poss, and want to keep my options open for when the winter gets bad again and snows us in.

there isnt a huge difference in price, i was very pleasantly suprised when i bought my white pro-comp gas shocks from Mailorder 4x4's factory shop near Ivybridge,Plymouth.With the blue bearmach springs, the wheelarches look the buisness.

I have 50mm over front shocks and springs, with std length rear HD springs on 50mm lifter spacers with 50mm over rear gas shocks. reasoning for this is that i want to retain stiff support at rear for towing our fishing boat and trailers.

mark