Charging a leisure circuit

I'm a bit lost a the moment. I have a 24v camper project, and I would like to add a 12v leisure circuit. Nothing big (ie no winch), just a fridge, stereo etc.

Can I use a 24v to 12v converter (big) with a relay powered by charge light, or do I have to install a second 12v alternator?

Kind regards,

Maarten

I suppose one way of doing it would be to have 2 smaller 12 volt batteries on the leisure circuit, with a setup that connects them to the load in parallel (i.e. 12 volts) but the charging side in series (so 24V would charge them up)

It would mean you couldn't charge and use them at the same time, whether that would be a PITA depends on your requirement I suppose.

I'm fitting out a new (to me) race lorry which is 12v. I wanted a DC compressor fridge to keep the beers cold and picked up a 24v one very cheap on ebay.

I bought a voltage stepper from these people able to avoid charging problems with split circuits. They do them the other way to. Very easy to wire up and the cheapest I could find by a fair margin.