Any one got a review on these "landy locks"

Guest noggy AKA Mortus

I know one of the other guys on here has something similar and he swears by it. Have to say though his looked a more professional fitment than that. Cant remember the make though, did see some for sale at "Sodbury" for £70.

That would be me then!!!! the one I have looks a better fitment than that it is folded sheet steel, this

one infact..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-SECURITY-PEDAL-LOCKS_W0QQitemZ320521381882QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4aa09027fa

As I say mine has folds in it which make it a tight fit against the floor and the bulk head it makes it very difficult to get something behind to leaver off. I have A/C so it makes it a bit of a pain to put on fairly tight but I figure the more difficult to put on/take off the more difficult it would be for someone without the keys!!!!

As with anything it is not fool proof and is just one of the layers of security I have found myself adding to the Defender......

That would be me then!!!! the one I have looks a better fitment than that it is folded sheet steel, this

one infact..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-SECURITY-PEDAL-LOCKS_W0QQitemZ320521381882QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4aa09027fa

As I say mine has folds in it which make it a tight fit against the floor and the bulk head it makes it very difficult to get something behind to leaver off. I have A/C so it makes it a bit of a pain to put on fairly tight but I figure the more difficult to put on/take off the more difficult it would be for someone without the keys!!!!

As with anything it is not fool proof and is just one of the layers of security I have found myself adding to the Defender......

Hi Jason, That would be you then! :D

Looks to be a bit of a PITA to me, but perhaps Jason G4 will enlighten us, as i wouldn't have thought you could disengage the unit whilst sitting in the seat, that means fumbling around in the dark and the rain whilst standing there getting wet. Not that visible from outside either, only when they've smashed your window. I prefer the Disclok, supposidly v.good, but above all highly visible, so they see it BEFORE they smash the window.

Looks to be a bit of a PITA to me, but perhaps Jason G4 will enlighten us, as i wouldn't have thought you could disengage the unit whilst sitting in the seat, that means fumbling around in the dark and the rain whilst standing there getting wet. Not that visible from outside either, only when they've smashed your window. I prefer the Disclok, supposidly v.good, but above all highly visible, so they see it BEFORE they smash the window.

Mark,

You are correct it is a bit of a faf takes me about 20/30 seconds to put on/take off and I do have to do it with the door open. mine is bright yellow so you can see it, although I did think about putting a flashing LED with a 9v battery.

As I say security is about layers, I have film on the windows (clear on front tinted on rears) and lots of other securty measures. maybe disklocks have improved but last time I looked they didn't have a great reputation plus I have the "airbag" style steering wheel so have difficulty fitting them.

Jason.