Wiring in extra fuse board into a TD5

Hi

a friend of mine wants to wire in some extra cigy lighter socket into his td5 as so my question is

is there a ignition live in the battery box with the fuses

if i find one do i need to place a relay between the ignition live to the new fuse board ? or is that just silly?

Does it have to be ignition switched ? Ignition switched lighter sockets aren't very convenient for most of the things they are used for as you can't leave the vehicle unattended.

If you're only running a few low power items then the simplest way is just to wire the new socket in parallel with the existing one although that will be ignition switched.

There are a few spare permanent live pickuo points on the underseat fuse box depending on what equipment is fitted. If you don't have ABS there are two spare 30A fuses under there that can be used to supply power. If you don't have a heated front windscreen then there is a spare screw terminal that is fused through a 100A link, in that case you should add an inline fuse.