SVA & emissions of 4JB1???

Astro_Al

Hi guys, about to get my 404 Mog sorted at last. I don't anticipate this taking too long (about as long as it takes me to save up for the damn tyres, plus 1 day).

I have a 4JB1 that I'm sticking in it.

Looking at the SVA / IVA carp, it seems for an N1 class vehicle, which I think this is(???)the SVA doesn't swap to an IVA until late next year. So I'm looking at an SVA.

Has anyone SVA'd a truck with an Isuzu 4JB1? Did it have the emissions crud on it, or did you get it through without?

Failing that, does anyone know what sort of emissions they are likely to put out either with or without the extra emissions stuff on?

Cheers, Al.

Not quite the same but on my SVA as the engine was from a 1994 Disco all they did was check it was in line with current MOT standards and then put emissions as N/A on the SVA form and therefore V5

this was in 2008 mind !

HTH

Al,

Mine was under a commercial test

All I did was provide the details of engine year of manufacture with the engine number from the Land Rover genuine workshop manual

They would not accept it from Haynes manual, luckily we had them with us ohmy.gif

I'm up for a Q plate, so maybe things will be a little more rigorous.

Which test station did you go to?

Seems like its only getting tighter & I'd be mad to wait for an IVA.

I need to look back at the SVA categories. Is commercial easier? What does it need / not need to qualify? I used to know this stuff, but... Something to do with rear windows?

Ta, Al.