Ahoy there shipmates....

Disco Dave

Hello there.

As if it wasn't obvious from my screen name my name is Dave and i own a Disco 1 :lol:

Here it is.

disco1.JPG

70k on the clock. MPI engine. er.. land rover :unsure: as you can i'm not overly clued up on it.

I paid £500 for it, MOT/TAX till september.

Now for the bad bits, the clutch is probably on its way out. The pedal feels spongey and the engine accelerates faster than the wheels lol.

Needs a new headlight and I have no idea when the cambelt was done, although the aux drive belt looks past it.

There is also an oil leak eminating from the rear of the engine.

Welcome!!

You'll find loads of help on here - especially from the responsible adults like Bogmonster, Les Henson & cipx2.

They should be able to help if you really get stuck - although either you or a VERY close neighbour seem to have something that can get you home with amber lamps flashing......................................... :)

Ahoy! nice looking vehicle, not too dissimilar to mine! Coincidentally I bought mine and put a new clutch and cam-belt in! two jobs worth doing well! Welcome to the forum, it has helped me so much with mine, up to the point where I am now replacing the gearbox using a guide in the technical archive! Hope you get stuck in

Sam