Scrapping a Rotted RRC

Woody3

Hi,

I have used a rotten RRC 200tdi for an engine swap into my Defender. Conversion is now complete and the RR is stripped of everything that is/was salvagable.

I've got to the point, where I need it scrapping, however I have a couple of issues that you guys might be able to help me with...

I need the car to be gone this Weekend (Parents are moaning at me...whoops), but I've never scrapped a vehicle in my life.

Do I phone Scrap Metal Merchants up or do I need to speak to Car Dismantlers (even through there is literally nothing left to dismantle from the car - apart from possibly two axles, door(s) etc)?

Once I have worked which sort of guys I need to speak to, my next issue arises...I don't have a trailer to get it there...Does anyone on here know of anyone where I could borrow/rent a trailer from/anyone with a free Saturday willing to help me tow it away? Anyone want to buy it infact? :s I know it's a big ask, but thought it might be worth a shot...

Thanks,

L

p.s. I'm in Notts/Derbys.

If you can beg or borrow a trailer from somewhere just run it into your local scrappy and they will weigh you in and out and pay you for the difference. With axles it will weigh about 1.25 tonnes and will land you with about £140 in cash for you time. Many people will collect for free but there are plenty more that will offer you say £50 to take it away. If you can't move it yourself (or your time is worth plenty) then ring around and get someone to offer cash to collect. There are plenty of collectors out there.