Chequer plate footwell panels?

Seeing as Landrovers leak, and we have some nice weather, i'm in the process of tearing out all the matting and soundproofing in the footwells to let everything dry so i can inspect things for the usual rot in that area.

so far it doesn't look to bad, but as the vehicle is usually full of mud/hay/straw/sand etc i think i'm going to replace the floor panels with chequer plate ones, which i know are available.

but i'm wondering if it's possible to get replacement panels for anywhere else in the footwell area? i'm not sure what is and isn't removeable other than the main floor panel.

i'm happy to bolt/rivet things in, but don't want to weld anything, i only want to replace parts that are easily replaceable.

any suggestions please?

The only bolt on bits in that area are the floor plates, seat box, and transmission tunnel. The bulkead is one piece (or it should be! :) ) You could rivet chequer plate over the footwell panel, but you would then have the problem of water being trapped between the two.

Les.