are disco drivers and passenger seats the same?

freeagent

right, i 'lent back' in the drivers seat in my 1996 3 door disco last week, and the seat broke... i need to buy a new one but need to know the following....

are 3 door and 5 door discovery front seats different, iknow the sub frame is, but is the actual seat the same?

will a 'passenger' side seat fit on the drivers side sub frame?

....and has anyone in kent or essex got a grey cloth front seat for a 1996 disco 3 door that they want rid of?

cheers

m@tt.

Understand you can swap DS with PS (though recline is then on the wrong side).

Doubt you could use 5dr in 3dr though as my 5dr ones have no tilt.

as far as i can see, its the sub-frame that tilts and not the actual seat, thats why i thought they might be interchangeable.... :)

Both front seats ARE interchangeable (apart from the reclining controls as you've already mentioned), BTDT.

I've just checked the parts catalogue, and there's no mention of 3-dr or 5-dr seats (just...... seats), so my guess is they're the same. You're right about it being the sub-frame that does the tilting on a 3-dr, too (I've got both a 3-dr and 5-dr).

Hope that helps

Dunk

as far as i can see, its the sub-frame that tilts and not the actual seat, thats why i thought they might be interchangeable.... :)