canvas hood how to fit front bottom near door

Marco

Maybe a bit of a strange question... how to fit / connect the lower rope of the canvas hood at the front just behind the door. There are 3 hooks on the 88 tub but nothing at the front (at rear of front door). I presume there should be some kind of bracket, hook etc. But can not find anything listed in the part catalogue.

Maybe somebody has a close up picture available?

Cheers

Marco

• 2 weeks later...

By now I've received all parts (via All Wheel Trim) to fit the soft top, staples, front hooks, claw hooks and horse shows.

post-2702-128151470592_thumb.jpg

post-2702-128151473194_thumb.jpg

Guess the staple is at the right place, the hood strap will both fit the staple (downwards) and center tube of the frame (to the front).

Cheers

Marco

Since it can be a little tricky getting the boy scout stuff right first time I thought you might appreciate this. One is an LRO extract that shows how they put on a soft top but there's one bit missing that is also important if you have a LR original tilt and that is how to properly tie down the rear. In the rear flap there's two grommeted holes, the rope that goes across the back-end pokes down through those holes and is tied off on the rear uprights, on each side. The side panels also have a hole half way down on each side, at the rear. When you tie it down you tie them in there too.

Anyway, here's a pdf that shows what I mean. The last three pages are pinched from manuals I have. They show what I tried to describe above with the rear tie down.

LROSoftTop.pdf

Since it can be a little tricky getting the boy scout stuff right first time I thought you might appreciate this. One is an LRO extract that shows how they put on a soft top but there's one bit missing that is also important if you have a LR original tilt and that is how to properly tie down the rear. In the rear flap there's two grommeted holes, the rope that goes across the back-end pokes down through those holes and is tied off on the rear uprights, on each side. The side panels also have a hole half way down on each side, at the rear. When you tie it down you tie them in there too.

Anyway, here's a pdf that shows what I mean. The last three pages are pinched from manuals I have. They show what I tried to describe above with the rear tie down.

Thanks for the reply and pdf. My hood is a Britpart one, guess it's made by All Wheel Trim and all fixings are like original as far as I can see. I might move the horse shoe to the corners & will have to shorten the ropes a bit to make it look more tidy.

post-2702-032365300 1282285876_thumb.jpg post-2702-016971800 1282285897_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marco