What is the difference between cross-members 300TDi/TD5

Hi. This is my first post so please bear with me.

I am just starting on the journey of replacing the cross-member on my 90 TD5 2001MY. I bought a new CM last year and it has sat in the garage still packaged whilst I talked a lot about the change and done even less.

Now I have un-wrapped it I am disappointed with the quality (like many other posters on hear) and intend to blank as much as possible just like the Les Henson article and photos (fantastic post).

However, I have just discovered that the mounting points for the fuel tank are different on the existing CM compared to the new one, so I think I have bought a CM for a 300TDi rather than a TD5, not so much of a problem as I can always drill and tube some mounting holes to suit.

But what else is different? Am I wasting my time and should I buy the correct cross-member?

Any one that can help would be appreciated.

You'll need to clear the flange in the centre section of inside face of the x-member as it fouls the tank and you will find that any bolts from towing apparatus will also foul the tank as the 300 bolts right through the x-member.

I'd stick it in the for sale section and buy the proper x-member but then, that's not as much fun is it ? :D

Mo