Bleeding brakes

Tank

i have replaced my front brake drums on my 2a, it has 2 drums on each wheel, strange as it is a swb. does anyone have any top tips for bleeding brakes as i just cant get them to work

thanks

Assuming you mean 2 cylinders on each wheel! Never seen two drums.

Someone has probably fitted brakes from a LWB or late SWB to your vehicle.

They are a sod to bleed because the ports into the cylinder are on the centreline, leaving space in the cylinders to trap air.

Assumiing you don't have a dual circuit setup, one method that might help is to clamp the rubber pipe going to the rear brakes and one of the front brakes and then try to bleed the other front. This will increase the flow of fluid through the cylinder and hopefully carry the air out.

Also remove the shoes and push the pistons as far back into the cylinders as they will go and hold them in place with a clamp, this will minimise the dead space in the cylinders.

Devices such as Eezibleed don't always work very well with these brakes, better to use the pedal pumping method.

I've come across something referred to a reverse bleeding - in effect you pump fluid into the bleed nipple either using something like easy bleed or from the clutch bleed nipple - that is said to work - search for it on the web for more details.