disco rear loading door

Scruffyhippo

Does anyone know if a TD5 back loading door will fit a 300TDi, or, does anyone know of an after market third brake light that fits tight to the glass like the TD5 one.

I'm going to black out the rear window and fit a grill for security and would like to sort out the brake light first.

I.ve been offered a complete TD5 door for £40.00 so cost is not the problem

Does anyone know if a TD5 back loading door will fit a 300TDi, or, does anyone know of an after market third brake light that fits tight to the glass like the TD5 one.

I'm going to black out the rear window and fit a grill for security and would like to sort out the brake light first.

I.ve been offered a complete TD5 door for £40.00 so cost is not the problem

They absolutley don't match - I have a 300TDI 1996 "ES". Had to buy a replacement door - like you, managed to get one from a TD5.

The doors are the same shape /size - even the hinges are in the same position... BUT the latch ain't! So you can't shut the door. Only solution would be to cut out the lock mechanism, and re-weld it in another position (which would clearly be a waste of time!).

I ended up scrapping the TD5 door, and buying another one - for a 300TDI!

Hope that helps

Nick