Rotor arm drive spindle

FridgeFreezer

Does anyone here know if the rotor arm spindle (as RAVE calls it) can be removed & stuck back in? RAVE alludes to the fact it's a separate part but I can see no mention of what you do about it if you change the camshaft - presumably the new camshaft comes with it fitted?

I'm still trying to track down my misfire, which is only under load, and I'm now wondering if my rotor arm is set a bit "retarded" as it was only fitted to the end of the cam when I collected the engine. As much as I trust the guy who did it, and as relatively un-critical as rotor arm position is, I can't help but wonder if it needs a tweak.

post-21-066543300 1284978508_thumb.png

Does anyone here know if the rotor arm spindle (as RAVE calls it) can be removed & stuck back in? RAVE alludes to the fact it's a separate part but I can see no mention of what you do about it if you change the camshaft - presumably the new camshaft comes with it fitted?

I'm still trying to track down my misfire, which is only under load, and I'm now wondering if my rotor arm is set a bit "retarded" as it was only fitted to the end of the cam when I collected the engine. As much as I trust the guy who did it, and as relatively un-critical as rotor arm position is, I can't help but wonder if it needs a tweak.

post-21-066543300 1284978508_thumb.png

Aparently so linky :D but not in one piece