Alternative and larger intercooler for 200tdi

Ratty43

I've been looking about the internet at ways to improve the 200tdi in my Disco and the larger intercoolers from the likes of Allard seem to be a good way to gain more power without any knock on effects. Much as I like the sound of what they do I am unlikely to have £400 going spare anytime soon so I got to thinking that there must be alternatives that can be bought cheaply second hand, for starters the TD5 one looks bigger but since I've only seen pictures that may not be the case. I'm sure I can't be the first although Google thinks I am, so has anyone fitted anything else and what were the results like? Thanks in advance, Ratty.

can't recommend allisport ones enough, just fitted one to my 300, and it will now out accelerate and xr2i between 50 and 70 - in 5th!!

i have heard of saab ones being used, as the pipework is on the same side as the landrover ones. trip to the scrappy with a tape measure usually pays dividends.

Thanks, it was your thread that made me look into it, much as I would like a shiny new one it is out of the question for the minute. A trip to the breakers is on te cards but I was hoping someone would be able to say "this one" since the nearest breaker is a fair haul from where I am.