colour code on springs

bonjovi

i have a 1986 defender 90,i have checked the rear shocks with standard 90 ones and mine seam to be aprox 4 inches longer on full extension.

i did wonder if mine has a lift kit on it already?

it definately also has really really hard ride.but also noticed lately the pasengers front to be lower than the drivers side

i am looking for a set of +2" springs second hand as i dont think you can go alot more without affecing steering geometry ,but want to know what the colour codes mean as i would like to make the ride softer than it is but not as soft as to make it handle really bad.

i mostly are on the road and sometimes do a bit of off roading,i do tow a mini digger around less and less now though.

i believe most landrover springs will fit,

thanks for any advise i can get

i am looking for a set of +2" springs second hand as i dont think you can go alot more without affecing steering geometry ,but want to know what the colour codes mean as i would like to make the ride softer than it is but not as soft as to make it handle really bad.

You can find the colour codes here, not sure I would go with second hand lift springs but that is up to you.

http://www.landroverclub.net/Club/HTML/Spring_rates.html

First off why do you want a lift? Especially if your driving it on the road most of the time.

Even offroad, it doesnt really help you all that much, as the diffs are still the lowest point, and it makes the vehicle less stable.

Personally, i think you should be looking at standard landrover springs for a 90.