LAMBDA SENSORS

jameslwt

Hi

Please can I get some help in this one?

Need to replace the Lambda sensors on my disco 1 v8. Its an R plate 1997 model. From what I can see/feel, it's a 3 wire version with round plugs. However every website I look at says that this type was only for up to a 1996 model, and a 1997 model should have 4 wires and square plugs.

Does anyone have the info according to my chassis no which is VA742730 ? It was definately registered in 1997, but I guess could be a 1996 model that had sat around for a while?

Just want to double check in case I order the wrong one!

Many thanks

James

You can buy universal ones from motor factors for not too much money, but make sure you get the correct type. Most universal ones are Zirconia / 4-wire (or 3 or 1 wire), but LR often used Titania types which work differently and, I think, have a smaller thread.

Hi John

Yeah - been looking at this:

http://www.lambdasensor.com/main/lrover.htm

which says both the ones I am confused over are titania ones - just trying to work out which one it is!

I am guessing it is going to be the 3 wire version - up to 1996, seeing as my current ones are 3 wire! Just that the dates don't tally up!

Thanks

James