Sign in to follow this  
Gerry1964

Discovery 2 Engine Number??

Hi all,

just had to have a new TDI engine fitted, was pretty lucky and managed to source one for just £1450 with 42k on the clock, but now i need to find the engine number so i can change it on the logbook, anyone have any ideas where this could be??? I've looked everywhere :blink:

Is it a Tdi or a Discovery 2 because it can't be both...

Discovery 2 would have a Td5 engine and be from 1999 to 2004 model year, a Tdi will be either a 200Tdi from 1989 to 1994 model year, or a 300Tdi from 1995 to 1998 model year.

If it is a 300Tdi then it is stamped on a flat horizontal face on the front RH side of the engine, don't have one to look at but it would be more or less underneath the No. 1 injector position from memory. May require a scrub up to reveal it.

Is it a Tdi or a Discovery 2 because it can't be both...

Discovery 2 would have a Td5 engine and be from 1999 to 2004 model year, a Tdi will be either a 200Tdi from 1989 to 1994 model year, or a 300Tdi from 1995 to 1998 model year.

If it is a 300Tdi then it is stamped on a flat horizontal face on the front RH side of the engine, don't have one to look at but it would be more or less underneath the No. 1 injector position from memory. May require a scrub up to reveal it.

I do apologise, its a TD5 engine i must of rushed it a bit there somewhere. its on a 2003 discovery 2, any ideas??

And if it's a TD5 it's under the exhaust manifold (everything is under the exhaust or inlet manifold! :angry: )

Yes as above - on the LH side of the engine underneath the exhaust manifold. Lovely place to get at to clean it up if its a bit rusty or covered in oily goo..