Paypal Dispute.

Warthog

Now im sure someone can help me out here, as we have all used Paypal i bet ;)

Started a dispute through Resolution Centre on PayPal, for non receipt of goods. The seller was a bit late on shipping and had no response from the texts i gave. The amount i had paid was substantial, so i thought this would be the best way to get the sellers attention.

However the item turned up 2 days later and the seller was sorry for the delay. But upon fitting the item, found that it was faulty and not as described.

So called up the seller and he was happy to take the item back. So booked a courior and now in the process of it being shipped back to him.

I have informed him that its on its way and when he has received the item and is happy. Could he refund me the money through Paypal?

However, the seller has told me Paypal have taken the money already? Now im sure that paypal are "Holding" the monies until the dispute is closed, Correct?

Am i correct (not been a seller and had a dispute and need to refund) in thinking all that the seller needs to do is. Go to his account, log into the dispute. Select an option to refund monies and thats it job done? I have my monies back and the dispute will automatically close, Correct?

If anyone can correct me on the proccess, please do. As im sure i'll be explaining this to him at some point.

Cheers

Mark

even without a dispute all he has to do is go to his recent transactions list find yours and click more options then refund payment. paypal will automatically give him any funds back they took from him

Thats what i thought, But

Not according to PayPal (international call rate :blink: ) Apparently because of the dispute. The funds are in "Holding"

To release the funds to the seller, i would have to close the dispute.

For the seller to refund me, he needs to contact Paypal to authorise a refund. the refund will also cancel the dispute.

I have now left it in the Sellers hands to do the refund, I hope...