300tdi no power

Im hoping for a bit of help please?

My truck has been gradually losing power and has now got to the point where it struggles to climb over a house brick with 35"simex's. For a while its been struggling to do anymore than 50mph on the road and slows on hills.

The engine was rebuilt by turner's approx 20000miles ago so should be strong, there's no smoke and its boosting well so its gotta be fuel. Ive removed the pickup strainer in the tank and fitted a new fuel filter, the lift pump is nearly new and it filled the filter up in no time so no probs there. It starts and runs well so i dont think the timing is out. Im thinking its got to be the FIP or injectors? anyone got any different ideas or know how to check these?

thanks in advance

Im hoping for a bit of help please?

My truck has been gradually losing power and has now got to the point where it struggles to climb over a house brick with 35"simex's. For a while its been struggling to do anymore than 50mph on the road and slows on hills.

The engine was rebuilt by turner's approx 20000miles ago so should be strong, there's no smoke and its boosting well so its gotta be fuel. Ive removed the pickup strainer in the tank and fitted a new fuel filter, the lift pump is nearly new and it filled the filter up in no time so no probs there. It starts and runs well so i dont think the timing is out. Im thinking its got to be the FIP or injectors? anyone got any different ideas or know how to check these?

thanks in advance

There is a small filter in the back of the pump which is worth checking, it's inside the leak off pipe return banjo bolt and there is a small hole in the bolt which is also worth checking.

Other than that make sure no air leaks in fuel supply lines and renew leak off pipes.

After that it gets expensive :rolleyes:

There is a small filter in the back of the pump which is worth checking, it's inside the leak off pipe return banjo bolt and there is a small hole in the bolt which is also worth checking.

Other than that make sure no air leaks in fuel supply lines and renew leak off pipes.

After that it gets expensive :rolleyes:

Thanks, ill check this in the morning, would a blocked leak off pipe cause these symptoms though?