Trading in my focus for a freelander... ...

Maverik

Hello people, now I've got this crazy notion into my head that a Freelander could be fun as my daily run about instead of my 3dr 1.8Tdci focus. I live on a steading in the middle of nowhere so the road is pretty bad and I fancy a change.

I spend about 2 hrs total commuting across countryside type roads. I do have a LR90 but this isn't so fun to commute in especially when you get to a short motorway section. I do rack up miles on some long distance runs too ~ 600 mile weekend trips

My focus has reasonable fuel econamy and comfort for the above, some would say its actually quite suited to its job... but like I say I fancy a change, going to test drive a few freelanders to see how they drive... anyone like to pursuade/disuade me or otherwise slap me and tell me not to be so stupid...? looking at 2002, TD4 era type vehicles...

Hi, I changed from a Focus (1.6 Ghia) to a FL1 3 door (1002 TD4) about a year ago and havent regreted a min, I live on the outskirts of town with good roads so dont really need 4wd. Whilst the Focus was more refined and better equiped, the freelander is definetly more fun (and was a lot better in the snow last year - kept wishing for more and got a bit grumpy when it thawed) I get slightly better overall ecconomy fron the frelander, desiel (fl1) v petrol (focus). and when it comes to changing, another is at the top of my list,

just rember the freelander will not be as fast as the focus it will (well mine does)cruse at the legal limit on the motorway and it does have a fair turn of speed.

enjoy Kuba

I've found a 2004 5dr TD4 SE with 65000miles on clock for £7500, in Silver, quite tidy actually. Anyone any comments on this?

It pretty much matches Parkers price guide, maybe a little over average milage, and price but it looks ballpark??

• 2 weeks later...