TD5 Missfire

rock_on_skeeter

Hi my 2000 TD5 Auto disco developed a missfire on the way home the other nite then came to a grinding halt

I have done some research on here and found a few ppl have had the same problem.

I have replaced the injector harness for a new one (not sure if its guenuine or OEM) also have had the red plug out of the ECU and cleaned it a few times. and streipped the ECU down how ever ther was no oil inside.

Now I have reassembled it and it starts ok but dosent run on all 5 cylinders and will only rev up to 3000 RPM, sounds like it is only missing on one of the cylinders.

Any one got any suggestions on what to try next.

Alright,

I know with the newer LR engines they have put an 'artificial' misfire into the ECU code when the fuel level is low in the vehicle to make you go to the pump and fill it up before you run out. this however doesn't sound like the problem as the engine actually cut out... is the fuel level reading correctly? I cant remember if the level sensor goes via the ECU with the TD5? it may be that it is seeing a low level and putting a de-rate on the engine, hence the speed restriction. does it still pull 3000rpm under load? i.e. driving? if it does then I would say it is almost definitely a fault code that's been flagged and not cleared. see if you can get a laptop on it :)

Hope that helps,

Ben