rotten front doors!!

Ok so i noticed some rust on the bottoms of my door frames today and decided to take the door cards off to investigate further. You guessed it, i found more rust! So they are structually sound still, but looking pretty messy and if i leave them i will be needing new doors eventually. What do you reckon i should do and what are the best products out there to "cure" and prevent rust. Obviously i will need to get rid of as much rust as possible using a wire brush slash similar item. Also whilst i was there i noticed a water collecter and tube assembly that looks like its fallen off the inside of the door, looks like a hopeless piece of kit as it just collects water from the window seal and then lets it drip on the door bottom again. The outer door skins are in excellent condition so i dont really want to replace the frame and transfer the door as that just looks like a MISSION, and im sure that in the process i'll wreck the skins.

So... What do you know about rust?

Thankyou!

Ash