What to do with a rusty Disco

streamline

I have a 1996 Disco with rot in all the wrong places and withthe advent of all the electonic wizardry in later vehicles I wondered about the possibility of fitting my engine and gearbox to a recent Disco or Defender if it became necessary due to the problems I have read with the BMW and Transit engines and running gear.

Having been a follower of the forums for some time, although not posted much as there are so many people out there who beat me with the answers, I wondered if any one knows if 300Tdi bits would fit straight in or if not any modifications that would be necessary.

Any thoughts would be appreciated before I rush out a buy a massive problem. I enjoy playing with Landies but I would like in on road most of the time.

Cheers

Dave

It may sound silly but why dont you just weld up your old 300 ? The boot floor fell to bits in mine this year along with the rear arches and I was going to scrap it.Then I looked at what it would cost to buy all the bits and repair it.After seeing what rubbish there is on the market I soon had it cut apart and welded up - cost a few quid,but I reckon at the rate I use it I should get another 6 or 8 yrs out of it.

In a couple of years the front inner wings will want doing,but its STILL cheaper and more useful to me than a D3 tank which goes wrong for the sake of it - and the ones I've been under lately have been rusty too.