Wiper Arm Springs

tuko

I'm going out on a limb asking this here, but I have ran out of ideas.... I remember years ago in Canada that at the auto supply stores you could buy add-on strengthening springs for your wiper arms. They added more down pressure to the wiper blades. They simply slid on top of the wiper arm.

I'm wondering if it's possible to buy them here in Europe...any where's really as my searches have proved fruitless on eblag.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Todd.

Are you having trouble with your wiper arms then? You can get new ones quite cheap on the bay but you should also check that the spindle isn't worn and the arms havn't "sagged" over the years. The pressure that they exert is almost negligeable if the arm folds down too far, you can rrestore the pressure by bending the arm part way up to stretch the spring a bbit more. I've found that very effective.

Ja I'm having problems with the wiper arms, they are the second set and are totally useless. Everything else appears to be OK and functions as they should but there is no pressure on the wiper blades rendering them useless. :angry:

Any trick or add-on that will help with more wiper blade pressure on the screen is welcomed.

I was even looking earlier today at early 90/110 Wiper arms (PRC4276) to see if they would work on the series wind screen. Maybe a combination of the 90 wiper arm with a series 3 wiper blade might do the trick?

Todd.