Radio wiring on Jap import

Arbman Al

I have been trying to wire up a radio but the wiring colours are all strange.

I have managed to get power to the head unit using standard connectors, but the speaker wires do not make sense.

I did manage to get sound out at one stage, but without any earth wires connected??

The attached picture shows the wiring. The grey block plugs into the block from the radio and powers up fine, also retains the memory.

The gree/grey/purple and white wires are the speaker +ve wires from radio, and these connected to a yellow, red, gree and blue wires whioch gave some sound but not very good.

I connected the four black wires (which go into one) to the speaker -ve wires from the radio and now i get no sound.

The speaker wire colours are nothing like the manual colours - anyone else got a jap import that can help with advice on the wiring?

Cheers....Al

post-22048-060747500 1291500778_thumb.jpg

Japanese spec D1s have an amplifer (behind the passenger kick panel I believe) to drive the loudspeakers, so remove the the loudspeaker wiring from the amp and extend them up to your head unit the colour codes are standard as shown in the Haynes Manual or you can "buzz out" the wiring to prove which is which.

Japanese spec D1s have an amplifer (behind the passenger kick panel I believe) to drive the loudspeakers, so remove the the loudspeaker wiring from the amp and extend them up to your head unit the colour codes are standard as shown in the Haynes Manual or you can "buzz out" the wiring to prove which is which.

Ok,thanks.I will have a look there.

Cheers.

The amp part number is AMR5117.

Google this number and you will see some photos.

Cheers.

Oooooo looks quite meaty then :) as I deal with electronic stuff I would pull it apart to find an audio input and a speaker output just to see if it would work as a mono sub amplifier. I know it would cheaper perhaps just to get a passive sub amp and speaker in a box and fit it.