"Winch-it" winches. Any experience?

TobyMellin

Hi all

I think my Tmax EW9500 is on its last legs, so I'm looking for a new winch.

Only a cheapish one for the event in which myself/mate gets stuck.

AFter browsing the Bay, I came across a company called 'winch-it' who sold what looked like decent quality winches.

Does anybody have any experience with them?

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260704327214&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_7470wt_907

Cheers

Toby

Never heard of it but looking at the price, half of the cost quoted is going to be the Dyneema so I would not naturally have high expectations of the rest at that price :unsure:

But it could be the Next Big Thing - let us know if you get one :)

i used them for some of there dyneema many years ago and to be honest, i wasn't expecting it to be very good however 2 1/2 years later i still have it on the rear and ok i have had to butt splice it once but that was due to my fault of getting it caught on a sharp edge and not the rope. keep it well looked after and it seems to be ok.

Now doing more challenges however i am using goodwinch bowrope. just for piece of mind when your hanging off it.

James