LaSalle door trims for series

mike4444244

I happened upon this site: http://www.goodall.cc/Dormobile%20Restoration.htm while googling for Rocky Mountain parabolics pictures. Near the top of the page is a picy of his original door-cards, and near the bottom is a picture of the La Salle units he later installed.

Personally, I'd have avoided the blow-molded-plastic look at all costs on a IIa, but to each his own. (I expect they'd look a bit more in keeping with a 110.)

Jeff.

I happened upon this site: http://www.goodall.cc/Dormobile%20Restoration.htm while googling for Rocky Mountain parabolics pictures. Near the top of the page is a picy of his original door-cards, and near the bottom is a picture of the La Salle units he later installed.

Personally, I'd have avoided the blow-molded-plastic look at all costs on a IIa, but to each his own. (I expect they'd look a bit more in keeping with a 110.)

Jeff.

I've them fitted - and I wouldn't refit them.

Don't get me wrong, they are ok, and look ok on my Series 3 truck cab, but if I was doing it again I'd either fit original elephant hide from Exmoor, or build my own. I think if I got some 1/4 inch marine ply, and covered it in a layer of black vinyl, over under-hardwood floor-foam, the white stuff, it would be a better job. I'd then use the original handles, polished up. Some nice stainless slot countersunk screws on stainless caps would set the job off nice.

The problems I've had are;

1) the screws don't hold the card against the door frame very well - I suspect the plastic rivets used to hold defender wheel arches would be a better job.

2) the edge is pigging rough - the fibres need to be sanded and painted.

3) it isn't a good use of space - they do have speaker cut outs, which are ok, but there is no door pockets, and there is enough space.

Jeff, if you are about the midlands call in and take a look, make up your own mind.

G.

Hey Gary,

My door cards are in moderately decent nick; I stumbled on to the particular page I posted while looking for something else.

But I might take you up on your offer of a visit sometime anyway. ;)

Cheers,

Jeff.

Any time - the kettle is usually on.

G.

Erm yes I don't know yet, I'm working quite a lot of xmas so not sure. Went with series doors in the end as it worked out about £600 cheaper than push button! Have got gucci rocky mountain tops coming so as soon as all the parcels arrive and we get the screen it's paint and fit time, then dismantle and swap bulkhead when it doesn't line up!