Tailgate door lock

v8bertha

We have 2 freelanders, a 98 camel and an 02 TD4.

Having never used the tailgate key lock on either of them I thought I'd randomly stick the key in on the Camel and see what it does... the answer? Nothing!

So now my curiosity has got the better of me and I go and get the keys for the TD4, insert and turn... what happens? Nothing, zilch, bugger all!

It seems that the lock barrel is connected to some sort of microswitch rather than a traditional linkage which leads me to think that there is probably some special task for the lock, other than opening the door. Is this the case ? should turning the key do something? Or are both of our freelanders knackered?

And before some helpful soul says RTFM... we haven't got one! :P

Cheers all

Dan :)

yes its only for closing the window. i dont know if you know but unlock the car fully. hold down the unlock button for 5 seconds and the rear window will go down. to close put key in boot and turn holding until it fully closed. it a shopping mode so u havnt got to open the boot. jay