Dead Battery Engine Now Immobilized

AJL

Hi After attempting to jump start my TD5 Defender which had a dead battery it now appears that the factory fitted alarm / immobilizer is preventing starting when the jump cables are attached all systems came on lights etc etc however the red light keeps flashing when i turn the key the light shows an engine with a lightening strike across it. I'm guessing this is the immobilizer / engine management system warning light.

I've tried blipping the alarm key fobs turning the key through various positions but everything has failed.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that there is a specific reset procedure can anyone please advise?

Many thanks

James

OK I've got the procedure which Ralph so quickly kindly sent, problem is I'm in Bucharest, Romania and my user manual and 4 digit immobilizer reactivation code is god knows where without going to a main stealers here in Bucharest is there any way I can override this maybe with the use of Nanocom or test book?

Basically without the code in a foreign country i'm a bit screwed I guess if pushed I could take my V5 and ID to the LR Stealers but would they have a record of my immobilizer code on their computer?

Many thanks in advance of advice

James

you should be able to interogate the ECU to retrieve the code, most likely in the alarm/immobiliser ecu.

main dealer should be able to get it from the factory via the LR system

Thanks Ralph