D2 heated windscreen ?

Sgt

Hi folks, the heated front screen on my 2002 D2 Td5 will not work!!

It's not the fuse, does anyone know of anything else that may cause it to stop working?

Also, when cold, the auto box takes ages to reach top gear, travelling at 60 mph, for some time before it changes up, well into 3000rpm sometimes.

Should this be happening? When warm I can coax it into top at below 50mph?

Cheers, Paul.

The revs dropping into "top gear" is probably actually the torque converter lock engaging in 4th, and if so that is correct operation, it doesn't engage till the engine and gearbox have warmed up a bit but once it is warm will lock in/out on demand.

No idea on the screen but have you got power to the screen i.e. at the terminals in the corners?

One half of my screen stopped working yesterday...it's not the fuse and I'm wondering if it's because it's leaking. I'd have hoped the connectors could withstand some condensation and water though :blink:

Mines going in on Tuesday for a refit, fingers crossed it'll be fourth time lucky for me (and them!) :rolleyes:

we had one half of the screen stop working a couple of years ago - it was the connector under the bonnet at the bottom right of the screen.

it had badly corroded and let the smoke out and melted the plastic.

cut it off and put a new heavy duty connector on it, job sorted.