oil in breathyer line before turbo

Peterla

Hi,

Can anyone please give me an indication if oil in my intercooler lines that seems to be comming from my brather feed is normal.

I am not using much oil but was concerened about the oil leak from my outlet tube from my turbo to my intercooler.

At first i thought my turbo had a oil seal leak. On further investigation I found my breather line from the rocker cover seems to be

letting lots of oil into my turbo inlet tube. The oil seperator on the rocker cover seems basic and not sure of any problems that could occour with these.

Maybe I have worn rings and to much crankcase pressure is being put thropough the breather.

Any advise on what is normal for a 320,000km TDI would be greatly appreciated.

A very good 4wd that i ma very pleased with.

Thanks

Peter

Is it running ok in all other respects? My friends 200TDi had the same issue - turned out to be head gasket failure between an oilway and #4 cylinder

Is it 'chugging' like a steam train if you undo the oil filler cap while the engine is running - his was in a bad way!

If the vehicle still has the EGR fitted then it will have oily deposits in the turbo hoses as this will be muck from the exhaust manifold too. I would suggest that you blank off and remove the EGR, replace the top hose with a new one as this will have the EGR pipework in the original, but I would also suggest you change the Oil Crank Case breather as has been suggested above. I replace mine every 50,000 miles..instead of the £82 from Alisport, I but £10 units from onl;ine suppliers and that way I am not wasting money..

If you think the 300TDi blows a lot of oil into the turbo you should see inside the renault k9k TDi engine (as thrown into the Micra). 35,000 miles and they have so much sludge in them that the egr valves can fail.

OIl vapour is just one of those things you have to live with and to keep the air behind you clean it is fed into the turbo inlet. As said is then mixes with the EGR to make a real horrid mess, but as long as the exhaust gasses are clean as it leaves the dealers......

Anyhoo, I fitted a catch tank to ours but I still had a large vapour cloud coming from it so I piped it into the airbox.