Chip Express Tuning Kit (TD5)

Talking from Experience,

THose chips from chip express are really good.

I had one fitted to my td5 discovery, Cant say any bad words for them. made loads of difference in standard settings. and had the ability to adapt it for more power.

I then swapped it in for my ml270 chip. `fantastic Results.

Some People havnt got the time or don't live closer enough to those like td5 alive etc.

If you cant get out or have spare time Get one . I didn't regret it. and im sure you wont and if not they give a 14 day money back guarantee So everyones a Winner.

I am in Lancahsire and went to Pete at Bell Autos near York. I can not remember how much i spent in total, but i did get other stuff, but whatever it cost, it was the best amount of money I have spent in a long time.

If you fancy a drive of my 90 to get a feel what it goes like, drop me a PM.

I am in Lancahsire and went to Pete at Bell Autos near York. I can not remember how much i spent in total, but i did get other stuff, but whatever it cost, it was the best amount of money I have spent in a long time.

If you fancy a drive of my 90 to get a feel what it goes like, drop me a PM.

Nick,

That is very generous of you.

Thanks for the information, PM sent.

I've spoken to the guys at Chip Express a fw times, both regarding my Disco and other chips for boat engines. They seem very knowledgable and helpful. The issue I have is that it is just a piggy back chip and will never be as good as a re-map.

However, am I right in thinking the ECU in my 1999 Td5 can't be re-programmed and I'd have to replace it with a later ECU before a re-map can be done? This what I have been told and it could certainly sway the balance towards the Chip Express product.

Has anybody any experience of the BAS "Remap Interface"?

http://bellautoservices.co.uk/bas-remap-interface/

It would seem you plug it into your ECU, upload the config fle (you can also read and reset fault codes) email that to them and they will then send you a "tuned" remap.

At £600 it's a bit spendy (doesn't stipulate how much they then charge to alter the config file so I've emailed them) but seems to give you the option of switching maps without having to get the truck back to them.

Edit: C*ck, doesn't support TD5.