had a chance to look at a breaking shell...

monkeyb0y

And don't they go when they go!

I was buying a rear door and the body had been stripped to a shell on wheels...the roof had been chopped off and just a pickup type carpet-less skeleton was left...it was a 1997 4door...

It had gone in the same places as mine inner wings, sills, except I have saved mine..

It's invaluable experience if you can get to see the shell stripped down...my attention will be switching to a few areas on mine in the coming months like the floor where the rear seats bolt to...the boot floor on this one amazingly was original and not rusted! Work that out....

the boot floor on this one amazingly was original and not rusted! Work that out....

I have had a Disco and an RRC of the same era, which rusted completely differently - between them they could probably have made one complete rust-free car - except for the boot floor which was gone on both. There appears to be no logic in it as far as I can tell...

I have had a Disco and an RRC of the same era, which rusted completely differently - between them they could probably have made one complete rust-free car - except for the boot floor which was gone on both. There appears to be no logic in it as far as I can tell...

"Logic " and " Land Rover" ...... :huh::unsure::rolleyes:

I had an RR with no side steps which was very very rotten in the sills, and one with side steps which is pretty much mint compared to any other I have seen with it's sill trims off, they do make a big difference IMHO.