Fitting Challenge Suspension

Hi all,

My suspension kit turned up from Gwyn's today and I have changed the front this afternoon without issue.

Not 100% sure about how to do the back though, this is what I think I need to do, please tell me if I'm wrong!

1) Jack up the truck so that both wheels are off the floor a lot.

2) Remove both shocks and springs.

3) Change trailing arms.

4) Reassemble.

Thanks,

Mick.

The wheels dont need to be too far off the floor. Make sure you support it on the chassis. Trailing arms, I'd do with the wheels on actually (having done the suspension) That way the axle is supported. And only take one side off at a time.

HTH.

Thanks for that.

When I did mine I did one side at a time. I jacked the back up pretty high with a bottle jack under the axle. Then I put axle stands under the chassis so I could lower the axle away from it, that made it nice and easy to get the springs out and gave plenty of room to get into the wheel arch to remove the shock and bush cups etc.

If you end up taking everything off at once bar the a frame ball joint, as per your sequence above, it might be a pain to get it all back into line. So I'd be tempted to either try the trailing arms while the shocks are still on - or swap them when the new shocks are on. As I mentioned before, the bush cups were a bugger to get off on mine - so I'd give yourself a bit of time to find the spot welds and get them off.