Part number or just the proper name for V8 fuel connector

I have a late-type Thor fuel rail, the single pipe, 'returnless' type. The connection to the fuel rail is a length of 7mm OD stainless pipe with a single flange on it, about 20mm in from the end of the pipe. I tried clamping 7mm injection hose to it, but being shiny stainless the hose just slides off. I think there must be a special connector that slides on and locks in place (from looking at Microcat and Google, similar to the connections on a Td5 fuel system). Does anyone have a part-number or name for this connector or a suggestion of where I can buy one (even a connector on a length of hose would be fine).

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

They can and do fail leaving you stranded, the seal is ok but the retainer gets weak with heat age a cable tie is a good bit of belt and braces if you know what I mean

It's not easy to just pop this back on at side of the road you need to remove the upper inlet at minimum to get at it

Ask me how I know

They can and do fail leaving you stranded, the seal is ok but the retainer gets weak with heat age a cable tie is a good bit of belt and braces if you know what I mean

It's not easy to just pop this back on at side of the road you need to remove the upper inlet at minimum to get at it

Ask me how I know

That's a bit of a worry! The engine's in a 110, so I can get to the connector in-situ but I'm not too thrilled about the idea of it failing at peeing petrol at 3.bar all over a hot engine. My original intention had been to use straight hose and a Jubilee/fuel pipe clip, but as the stainless is so shiny 7mm injection hose, which is a snug fit, still slides off with a bit of persuasion. Maybe I'll try to get hold of some 6mm injection hose and see if that's any better.

Cheers,

Andrew.