Tyre Brand

What brand of tyres would you recommend?

I currently have a mixture on and want to swap to some 235/85/16. Ideally they'll be reasonable priced and be AT's aimed more for road use, approx 90%

I've not searched for old threads in case all the new regs make a difference.

Thanks!

i had general grabbers in that size on my defender, 8 years and 70,000 miles later and they still have about 8mm left! A bit hairy in the wet now though, and ****e in the gloopy stuff, broke my snorkel due to lack of grip (sliding sideways) so im now running BFG MUD KM2's and they are phenominally better all round, all except for noise..

Another vote for General Grabber AT2 here. I had BFG All Terrains on my previous two Defenders but was limited by budget on the new 110 so bought 5 Generals for the price of 4 BFGs from Philips Tyres & Exhausts in Castle Cary, Somerset.

I must say that so far I am impressed, quiet on the road, good steering feel and when on the slippy stuff they perform as well as the BFGs ever did. I don't think you'll be disappointed by the General tyre.

Martin