200tdi engine swap fuel problem

Evening all,

Finally got my 200tdi swapped into my 110 and amazingly it started 1st time, the only problem being after running for a couple of minutes the revs start to die as though being starved of fuel. The engine doesnt cut out and will eventually tick over ok again for another couple of minutes. I have cut and extended the fuel hoses and used the proper fuel pipe clamps. Do you think air is still getting in the pipes or could there be another problem i should be looking at. The lift pipe primed the fuel filter fine so im presuming that that is ok, or am i wrong on that

many thanks for any thoughts

I had this problem, although it would die after a few seconds. Mine was drawing air in through one of the joins in the fule line. It wasnt leaking fuel though.

Other things could be lift pump or a hole in the pickup pipe in the tank.

All suggestions I had when I posted about mine!

I had this problem when I didn't turn in the plastic screw enough on the sedimenter (I was scared of breaking it off). I went mad bleeding everything and eventually just tightened up the screw. I leave the screw alone now and take the sedimenter to bits instead. But your problem is 99% sure to be an air leak.