Painting the bits underneath

task

The time for painting my chassis, suspension components and axles will soon be upon me and I'd like to know what people recommend for this?

I've always used Hammerite in the past but heard POR15 is quite good? I will have the opportunity to give them several coats and to leave some drying time too

It's for the CSK and it's going to be black underneath, if this makes a difference.

so what do people use these days and where's the best place to order from?

Cheers

I am impressed with Jotun 2-pack marine paints. Not cheap or easy to use, but give a very hard durable surface. Anything that can protect a rear crossmember through a winter has to have respect. POR 15 is almost as nasty to use, but needs exact prep as per Frosts website - I recommend if you use it to get silver for the first coat (which they say covers rust better) and then put black on top of that, then you can be sure you have given it 2 coats. I thnk it can be a bit brittle. Hammerite ... should not be in the same sentence as either of those two... if Britpart made paint it would be Hammerite... maybe not too bad if on a carefully prepared substrate, if painted over 2 coats of Bondaprimer it lasts much better.

Nigel

I think it's Jotun in origin maybe link - uses the same thinners anyway. If it is I think it'll be good, though as with all 2 pack stuff, the mixing etc is a pain. The Jotun people said to me,Ok, brush off the loose rust etc but whatever you do wash the surface with plenty of clean water, and dry it, to get rid of acids etc caused by rusting - the rust itself they said it could cope with.

Nigel