Shouldn't there be daylight between these??

Phil B

Shouldn't there be some daylight between my tank and arb???

eaca77fc.jpg

I want to fit my Southdown tank guard in the near future

4b460af6.jpg

But can't help but think that there needs to be a gap between the tank and bar, now the tank looks bolted and secure so don't look like it's dropped, can't say it's drooped either, the only thing I can think is to get some 10mm flat and make up some spacers to fit on the bushes without jiggering up the geometry too much?? So once I've slid it in I can carry on regardless with no rubbin/ contact...

A few mates have told to bin the arb but I tow cattle trailers with it so cant see this been beneficial :s and I see the tank guard beneficial as the fields I check cattle in I tend to bottom out with the hitch

Cheers

Phil

Is your tank actually resting on the ARB? I've seen peoples ARB mounts being bent up, raising the bar, but certainly your left one looks straight. I've got 1 inch spacers on my ARB bushes, as I have a little suspension lift too, but if I didn't, I'd still have at least 1.5 inches clearance:

5679846211_6e572994af.jpg

IMAG0060 by MrKev, on Flickr

Kevin

i reckon the cheapest would be the one's from Flowflex.i think thats what there called.they're the one's up in Rhyl,North Wales.

some people say there products are a bit inferior in quality compared to the likes of Polybush,but does it matter as such when 99% of the time they do nothing.