Repaired Green Lane

61a

Had an very enjoyable day on some local lanes today and actually went down one which has recently reopened after being closed for best part of two years. When I last attempted the lane near Chalvington before the closure, I managed to get totally stuck on my bike taking over 20 minutes for three of us to get it out !!! Now the lane has been totally rebuilt and has some lovely deep ditches to the sides so should hopefully prevent the idiots who seem to love trying to ruin our enjoyment by going off piste .

Full marks to East Sussex Highways for their efforts.

Jules

Great to hear of a lane being reopened successfully :D. Makes a change from the normal closures!

I agree.

I think nowadays councils are just taking the easy option, if in doubt close them.

Obviously, it also saves them cash :rolleyes:

I agree.

I think nowadays councils are just taking the easy option, if in doubt close them.

Obviously, it also saves them cash :rolleyes:

Unfortunately this is often the case, those routes that are open to mechanically propelled vehicles actually gain a smaller percentage of budgeted work than there network percentage which is saying something.

I heard a rumour in Dorset that due to budget cuts, the council are going to downgrade about 10% of the counties roads to green lanes......... you know, the types of lane that only serves one farm and that type of thing..... so we might gain a whole stack or lanes soon...! however, like i say, most of them go only to a farm, and the raods are already legal to drive..... so no huge gain i guess.