Southdown Snorkel, cage, air filter

I know this has been covered, but I cannot seem to find the answers I am after! :unsure:

Can anyone recomend an adaptor to reduce the standard 300tdi airbox inlet from the 3"? to the 2.5" flexi I have on my Southdown. The only other alternative is to use that funny looking T piece that acts as a check/dump valve incase water gets in. But im not sure I fully trust these.

The other question is where to get the roll cage bracket. I was going to use 2 big jubilee clips I used on the previous snorkel but because of that plastic wing mould the southdown does not sit as closely to the cage. I have the original bracket, but could do with getting a mount for the cage. checked D44 but they only have one for 46mm PP cages. I need 51mm :rolleyes:

Any help appreciated

G

weld a tab to the cage to affix it by?

I may end up doing this, but with my welding skills it will look tosh at best. at worst I will burn a hole in the cage!

Got the hole cut out this afternoon dropped the main pipe in and my jubilee clips kind of work with it so I may stick with these.

just need to sort out the pipework to airfilter now. Any ideas anyone?

G

I fear this may be next to no use,

But I remember being on parts suppliers website a few days ago and seeing rool cages fixtures. Essentially they were large c clamp. but with the ability to bolt this directly to them.

I will have a look through my history and see if I can find them, but they are out there if it helps!

Ok, you can get reducers from Ebay, but after having another look, im going to use the main pipe off the air box 3" to 2". then cut the small section that attaches to the wing in half and use that to join the main pipe to the southdown flexi. I was half way there and just put a screwdriver across my palm :blink:

so now im back in!... for the night I think, I am not having a good day.

Thanks for the heads up Ben, will look about.

G