Getting started - newbie help

Howdy folks

I'm very interested in competing in trials in my completely stock Range Rover Classic. Bit disheartened that everywhere I look, I seem to find hugely modified machines and roll cage requirements. Sure, one day, that might be a lot of fun, but I'm on a tight budget and want to use the vehicle I already own.

I'm based in West Wales. Does anyone have any suggestions for who I need to speak to? Laning is fun, but the idea of precision driving in a trial is very appealing.

Thanks

Try looking up your local MSA club, there should be a list on the MSA website split by region (I think). I'm sure there will be one near you that run the type of thing your after. I know the viking 4x4 club do run some events that might be of interest, but they would be a bit of trek for you as they will be in the midlands.

Thanks. The local clubs around here seem to do rather extreme trialling with extensively modified stuff. Don't really want to spend tons of cash I don't have just to find out whether I enjoy it or not. Some clubs further east look more promising though, so I'll give 'em a go.