FTC5072 slave

Greeting all

I`am hoping someone can help me.

I have recently purchased a replacement slave cylinder for my`94 ex MOD 110 which has a 51a suffix r380 box.

An FTC5072.

The problem is the thread for the pipe appears to be different so i purchased an NRC9595 which turns out to be the same as the one currently fitted.

Can anyone tell me what part i need to connect the slave cylinder to the flexi hose, neighbors must think I have tourettes by now!

Many thanks

Mole.

Hi yes this is all horribly familiar

After trying in vain to get someone to make me the correct UNF-M12 swan neck adapter I ended up just connecting the M12 end of the new NTC9055 flex hose directly into the slave port - I wouldn't contemplate something like that with brake fittings, but clutch pressure is relatively low I think. It's a bit more fiddly to fit without the compression joint at the slave end (i.e. you have to wind the hose into the slave and then attach it to the hard line off the bulkhead).

It seemed to work OK and didn't leak but I've had the whole truck off the road for some time so I can't give you a long term report. When I finally put it back together I think I will have another go at making the proper adapter - even if I end up buying the flare tools myself to do it.

• 1 month later...