Body Cappings

JeffR

The body cappings on my 110 have a few small holes in em. Seems a bloody shame to replace them, when, if I can aquire some not too knackered 2nd hand ones I can simply let new sections in. Now rather than have to remove them to do this, I thought about doing them in situ using this stuff:

http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-welding-tools/cold-front-414ml.html

Simple question, does this stuff actually work.

Second question, if it does has anyone got a not too knackered capping they don't want?

Can't comment on the cold front stuff, however changing the cappings isn't a difficult job - there's a thread on here (somewhere) with photos which could possibly help?. Fit yourself some glavanised cappings, and then forget all about rust/holes/repairing.

It is not a problem changing the body cappings, it just bugs me that I have to bin something that is only rotten for 2 inches of its length. I like fixing things!!! But one question remains, why do the body cappings always rot (ON 110'S) in exactly the same place (where they weld the extension bit on)?