Yes, COMPLETELY OT - BUT PLEASE READ

Hybrid_From_Hell

I have a "Main" bank account - this has NO cards attched to it, so the only way I can get to the money (or anyone else for that matter :lol: ) is to

"Transfer" to the "Second" account I have, whih does have cards attcahed to it. Therefore if I am ever "Cloned" then there are always limited funds in that account,

no overdraft facility and I still have my "Main" account with funds in etc so I am not then in a financial problem. I use the main bank account to "feed" the 2nd account

which I then use for day to day tranactions

I have exactly the same - in fact suggested to me by HSBC a couple of years ago when they phoned me up and said "Dear Sir we think you have got too much money in your current account and it is a security risk, can we open another account for you".

Likewise no access to it from any cards/DD agreements/anything anywhere - just enough kept in the main account for foreseeable expenses and a bit of slush. Credit to the bank for taking a proactive approach, and for anybody with more than a modest amount in their current account, it's a damn good idea.